Wednesday, July 20, 2011

5 year Immunizations

After several minutes of arguing with Puff's "new" pediatrician, I gave up and initialed the chart indicating she would be vaccinated against chicken pox. 30 minutes after the injection she was still screaming that her arm hurt. Not complaining, noooo that would be manageable. Ear-piercing screams that hit parts of my brain that I didn't even know existed. All this from the rough and tumbled, tree-climbing, fearless adventurer. Up and down all night. Come on, this was NOT in the list of side effects. Lucky me. Another sleepless night is one more added bonus to all the other things going on. Next day will be better, right? Night turns to day and now she has the low grade fever with chills, no appetite, and aches from head to toe. Turned down taking the dog for her morning walk. I know this is real and I'm torn! Must give her hugs and kisses now because I have to leave her for a little while to do things for other family members that need my support. A quick shower and a self pep talk then kisses for Puff, Copper and Schmoo and I'm off to practice unconditional love.

No comments:

Post a Comment